Ben & Jerry’s makes super premium ice cream filled with euphoric chunks and swirls, and stands up for social and environmental issues.
WHAT WE DID
Cone has been working with purpose-driven Ben & Jerry’s for 11 years, helping promote the company’s brand and experiences as influences for good in the world. Cone strives to insert the brand’s social mission and innovations into mainstream conversations through traditional and social media.
Leading up to the 2016 election, Cone worked with Ben & Jerry’s to launch “Democracy Is In your Hands” an empowerment campaign focused on voting rights in U.S. Through a partnership with the North Carolina chapter of the NAACP, Ben & Jerry’s executed a localized and national effort to raise awareness about the importance of voter access. Locally, the brand registered citizens to vote through a grassroots tour. Nationally, Ben & Jerry’s launched a flavor titled Empowermint to drive conversation among consumers. Cone executed a robust media relations and social influencer strategy to insert Ben & Jerry’s voice into a timely media conversation.
Over the years, Cone has collaborated with Ben & Jerry’s on multiple campaigns supporting issues such as marriage equality – “Hubby Hubby” and “I Dough I Dough,” climate change – “Save Our Swirled,” and youth enrichment with Jimmy Fallon’s “Tonight Dough” and “One Love” with the Marley family. In these instances, Ben & Jerry’s leveraged flavors to raise awareness for these issues and raise funds for partner organizations.
HOW WE MADE A DIFFERENCE
- Ben & Jerry’s believes in walking the talk and not just doing good for marketing value. With these campaigns, Cone helped the brand take a stance on issues resulting in greater awareness and furthering the company’s mission.
- Consistent coverage by top tier media
- Traditional media story shares on social driving large spike in social conversations
- Democracy Is In your Hands: 290 placements and 162 million impressions
- Save Our Swirled: 250 placements and 147 million impressions
- One Love: 152 placements, 138 million impressions
- Tonight Dough: 369 placements, 206 million impressions
- Hubby Hubby: 1,600 placements reaching more than 429.8 million consumers
- I Dough, I Dough: 340 placements and nearly 258 million impressions